Monday, March 8, 2010

The National Day

On national day, October 1st, we have a wonderful time in Beijing and some special activities for public celebration, family outside home and family at home.
The first thought which Tiananmen Square is because it is the best important place you should go on those days. Tiananmen Square is a ceremony of building up a country which is China, and Tiananmen Gate located there which is a significant building. It is very classical architecture with Chinese characteristics; it is the main Chinese red color. Our president, Chairman Mao, declared funding of new China on Tiananmen Gate on October 1st, 1949. Every ten years there will have a magnificent parade on Chang An Street which is established in front of Tiananmen Square, and it is axis of Beijing. You can see beautiful floats, various units, orderly phalanx army, the latest militarized weapons in the parade, etc. But just minorities people can go there see this magnificent scene on that day. Most of people will see this celebration at home through TV live. Our today’s leader will stand on the Tiananmen Gate to review troops.
In addition to, there are some other kind’s activities. Especially, our government usually arranges four flower terraces in each corner of Tiananmen Square according to different meaning of each year. Like in 2008, our topic is Olympics. Our new constructs will added in those flower terraces through epitome such as The Nest’s Bird which is National Indoor Stadium, The Water Cube which is National Swimming Center. Almost every year my parents and I will go there see that and take some pictures for memory. After that, you can choose to go some parks and join specific activities on this good season which is good for going on spring outing. For example, Zhong Shan Park which is located behind of Tiananmen Gate will hold flowers exhibition such as China rose and tulip, potted landscape shows, etc. In ancient times, Zhong Shan Park is the royal garden. In my opinion, it is one reason why there are many various plants grow there. Also you can enjoy friendship associations, amateur performer gathering of Peking Opera in other parks, like Bei Hai Park, Jing Shan Park, and so on. If you hobby shopping, this day which has a big sale is you best choose to shopping and I highly recommend New World, Big Joy City and The East New Field.
Besides above two aspects, the last favorite one which is the best item I like. All of Republic of China populations have a seven day’s holiday. Every family members gather together have rich dinner. We will cook various Chinese dishes on the table around fifteen dishes include meat, vegetable and soup, etc. After dinner, we will seat in front of TV and watch live article evening entertainment which usually goes at Great Hall of the People. Many celebrities will participate in the performance which will keep three hours. In October 1st, 2009, this year is our founding 50th anniversary. Although I didn’t catch it last year because I had came to America already, I can feel that spectacular scenes of shock through TV live. Especially, I have strong feeling; I love our hometown, China. I didn’t have same feeling before I came to here. I am proud of my country.
Anyway, The National Day is our most popular celebration because it is a symbol of our mighty country. I enjoy it very much. If you experience, I believe you will like it.

5 comments:

  1. Beijing is a good city. I went there twice and I believe there are still some other interesting things waiting for me. I am not sure why do you describe the building in the Tian'an men square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why just minorities people can see this magnificent scene on the National day?
    From your essay, it sounds like you are a professional explicator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Beijing, our capital. It is a really prosperous city in China. I also want to know the ordinary building in Beijing. I think they will respect another different culture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel sad because i saw the Tiananmen Square in the car and didn't view it carefully. I want to see the flag-rising ceremony. I am sure it will shock me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can tell how much you guys love your country from your essay and the comments above! the national day is really important to everybody who love their countries, or i should say, it is really important that people should love their countries :)

    ReplyDelete