Monday, February 8, 2010

Leaving Home for Studying

Last year after I graduated from the university, I made a decision which changed the direction for my life. Studying aboard is a big issue to my family; therefore, my whole family and I had many discussions at the beginning of summer vacation. We found that there were two things I had to think twice about. First, was I studying for a master degree or only language? At that time, I still hadn’t had a strong desire for getting master’s degree, but I really wanted to finish my school in a short time, so it made me struggle emotionally. Second, how long would I stay which depended on my parent’s financial support for me; obviously, it depended on the first point which I chose. ”I think you’d better make a decision as soon as possible,” my mother said worriedly. ”Or just get a job. But I suggest you go out and see something new. Always staying in the same place might be not a good way to learn.” my father said absent-mindedly. “Actually,” then I tried to explain,” I’m thinking that I should study English in the United States before I decide to attend graduate school. But, I must come back in one year if I haven’t prepared for school application.” ”Well, since you already said so,” my mother seemed to agree with me. “Let’s try.” My father said cheerfully. Finally, all the problems were fixed before I began looking for job. Now, I’ve been studying in the United States for four months. During this time, I built my grammar foundation well, improved my conversation skill, increased my vocabulary, and made a lot of great friends who are from several backgrounds this has extended my horizon. Because of the changing environment and many cultures touching, I now understand the importance of thinking in many ways and respecting different opinions. Having been trained as a university student in the United States, I can now give a speech in English, write a paragraph, and have global vision which is the main characteristic of a well prepared international student. For these reasons, I believe it was a correct decision which definitely changed the direction of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah~~~ah your decision was the best choice Sabrina// You had lots of English weapons~~~ congratulation!! and you will get better after this quarter~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SabrinaHsu~! I already know you are such a smart girl because I heard who you are from Yegrina, your & my friend. so I am sure your courage for decision will be best choice~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabrina,you are such a brave girl, i need to learn from you, and i'm so happy your English improved a lot. Anyway,fignting~ ^^

    ReplyDelete