Monday, February 1, 2010

Life Changing Experience

When I was in the ninth grade I thought that I was going to join the army after I finished high school, But I had a good grades . So I sat and thought a lot about my future and my life. I asked myself one question, if I have the capacity why not have bigger dreams and goals. Finally, I made up my decision to study engineering, yet I was a lazy student so I had to change my life style and study hard to be the best student I could be. Then I got older so my dream and ambition got bigger. I wanted to study in the best schools and universities. After asking my relatives and friends about studying abroad in the United States of America, I got different opinions from encouraging to non-encorg. But finally I decided that I'm going to get my University degree from the USA. So I tried to get a scholarship from my government because I knew that my parents couldn't afford the University fees. When I applied to get the scholarship, I was sure that I was going to get it; some people may think that was my big ego, but really it was just a feeling inside me. So the day that they announced the names all of my friends and family were happy for me. Except my mother, she wasn't so happy about me leaving her side. After my acceptance the day of my flight approached. The last days was so hard for me and I began to have doubts about my decision. And I asked my self "was it the right decision?". But I said to my self "You chose that path and you should get to the end of it." The day of my flight had come and it was at 9:30 am, so I sat all the night with my father and brother listening to there advice. It's 5:10 and I just finished taking my shower, shaving and putting on my clothes. I descended the stairs slowly having with each step a memory of the end of the stairs where my sisters were waiting; it was one of the longest and hardest moments of my life. After that, I entered the car and went to the airport with my parents and brother. The time had come and I had to enter the gate,so I hugged my father and he said, " Don't forget the things that I taught you and don't forget where you came from." After my father, I hugged my mother and she said, " Be the man that I raised you to be and make us proud." Finally, I hugged my brother and he said " I will miss you little brother; I will miss our long talks at night." He was wearing sun glasses but I saw a tear on his cheek, I was on the verge of tears. I waved goodbye to them and entered the gate. I walked for a while then suddenly turned and they were gone. I felt like it was my first day at kindergarten all over again, but this time the kindergarten was life. That specific situation is one of the richest in my life. Because it change my personalty, and my view of life.

7 comments:

  1. athbi, i like your narration which is a good paragraph. you did a good job with it, i should study from you. i like your decribe which you and your families struggled in your guys heart in it.nice~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big decision for u, guy. I have already get the confilcts about you. BUT I can't get r topic sentence clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get a scholarship from your government?
    It is really great! It is also good for you tochange your view of life you. I like your expression about you felt like at kindergarten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Athbi, your last dialoge makes me feel sad. I have a older brother who loves me so much. He also cried when I left my country. Anyway,you will acheive your goal because you are a smart guy I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember I have read your article before. Arabic men always look sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is affecting.I never know you are such a perceptual person.This essay make me know a different Athbi.

    ReplyDelete