Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Studying in Hong Kong by PW

After I finished my high school, I was considering my future. At that time, I had only studied Ballet and Chinese Dance, but after over 10 years training, I was really sick of that, so I did some research for other kinds of performing arts. Finally I found “The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts”. They have a major called Musical Theatre that means you have to dance, sing, and act all together which I love so much. Therefore, I made my decision to study in Hong Kong. The day I was leaving, my parents drove me to the airport. I remembered there wasn’t too much sadness. I was happy because I was going to leave my parents and have freedom; my parents were happy too because their daughter was going to study somewhere else which is good for her. We talked and laughed all the way to the airport. By the time I got into the gate just after the immigration officer checked my passport, I turned around and looked at my Mom. She already had tears all over her face, and my Dad tried to smile and pretended there wasn’t any feeling about my leaving. So I shouted at them “Go back! Go!” I was in tears. There was a glass window between us, and I can’t really hear anything from them but I could read my Mom’s lips. It seems like she said “take care and call me when you get there, be good and be safe”. There was one second that I refused to leave, but it was just one second and I knew I had to go, so did my Mom. It was the first time I had left my home for so far away, but I am really glad I did; otherwise, I wouldn’t be here now and wouldn’t have the chance to reach my achievements as my own career.

4 comments:

  1. peggy, i was moved by your paragraph and admire your major which i like very much but i have no chance to do. i feel good when you decribe inside emotion of you and your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy. Good job~ I could imagine your scene in the airport. However, I think your topic sentence is little bit broad. so If you chage it, it will be way much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Peggy wang~! what a creative paragraph! I like some methods you write, just as I love your conclusion too..

    ReplyDelete