Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Most Memorable Teacher

Mr. Liu is the most memorable teacher in my life. He was my after school science tutor who I found through my best friend. He taught me well for 3 years, so I learn a lot. Mr.liu impressed me due to several reasons. First, he was really skillful man in science. Every time I gave him my science questions, which even my science teacher had to think about for a very long time, he just read it once and figured it out immediately like he had already seen them many times before. The other thing I was very surprised about was that he was an "all-rounder", he was well rounded in science and math. It seemed to me that he was expert in math, physics, chemistry and biology. So I often praised him for his talent, but he said he is not a smart person, just hardworking. Secondly, he had a really clear thinking and nothing confused him. For instance, I often had class with my friend while we had different problems. So every time during class, she asked math or biology and I asked physics or chemistry questions. I always felt confused that we asked different questions during one class. However, he was never confused and managed everything well. Third, he was a disinterested man. He also gave me some helpful and useful materials of the methods of solving the science problems, which he had painstakingly developed during his holidays. Actually, he did’t need do that because he was just an outside school tutor, but he said he teach us not for money but just to teach. For him,teaching was not a job: it was an avocation. What's more, every time he explained something to me, he was not only just explaining it like other teachers, but also emphasized the main point to make me focused. Finally, he was really special in how he treated students. He had a very kind attitude and he has never angry with my faults and patiently taught me even when I was confused. He even cooked for me and gave me snacks as bonus that made me want to learn more and never felt boring. I much appreciated him taught me how he taught me well and made me interested in studying. I’m very proud of being his student and I really respect him. I enjoyed every class with him. Thank you Mr.Liu. You are the most excellent and special teacher in my whole memory!

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to meet a memorable teacher in your life. In addition, how would he feel that teaching is a hobby or a volunteer? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, he is such a amazing teacher. How can he do that-math, biology, and physics? It's rare to have a almightiness teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really repect r teacher too. Everyone has a memorable teacher. I admire you very much. U r so lucky. my memorable teacher is also Liu.

    ReplyDelete