Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Most Memorable English teacher

When I was in middle school, there was an English teacher who made a deep impression on me. When I knew her, I didn’t like her very much. But I changed my mind about her after a period of time of contact. I appreciated her gradually because she was person really worthy of appreciation and it took me a while to realize this. First, she was an excellent teacher. She had taught English more than fifteen years so she was experienced. She could tell you all of different parts of the different textbook editions which had used over the years. Because she could always give others an excellent answer, some younger teachers liked to ask her questions. Almost all of the staff knew her and respected her so much. As I knew, she was the best teacher in our district, and she was named outstanding teacher many times. Second, she was famous for being strict. She looked very serious and rarely smiled. We often did some kidding with other teachers but never with her. We thought she had a bad temper, and we came to this conclusion from many of her actions. For instance, when someone was asked to her office to talk, that person would be very fearful because nobody could predict what would happen. I couldn’t understand her in the past, but I can now. She modeled her actions for us and showed us a right way to study. She worked extremely hard and focused on every detail in her lesson plans. For example, she would fix correct our assignment tirelessly until we did it all completely right. Because of all these things, she was an effective teacher to all of my classmates. I can recall her oath clearly now, “Learning does not allow for the sloppy and false even a little bit.” I benefited from this sentence a lot. Third, she gave me much help when I was troubled about English. I was not good at English grammars at that time and always felt nervous about her questions. One day, she spoke to me in a different way. She said, “From watching you, I find you have some troubles in your studying. If you have some questions, just let me know. I can teach you anytime in our breaks. Don’t worry about other things and don’t fear me, ok? I believe you have enough capability to do it well.” From then on, I won’t be afraid of her anymore and trusted her very much. My teacher’s word encouraged me and gave me more confidence. As a result of our conversation and her great teaching, I can see my progress clearly. Sometimes, I felt embarrassed because I thought I had too many questions. However, she was never angry with me and paid much attention to me. She was also extremely patient with me. I am very grateful to her. I believe those opinions which she told to me will benefit for me during my all life, and she will in my mind forever.

3 comments:

  1. Tink you're so lucky~ You are really thankful to her~~//After elementary school, I haven't learned from teachers which are women. Well,I am so sadㅠㅠ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your quotation that is so specific. She is an expert in english. But I think that she is too strict! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Paragraph is very familiar with me. I also had a teacher same as yours. Didn't she teach in korea? It is amazing. Her teaching style is very similar.

    ReplyDelete