Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Third Grade Teacher

My third grade teacher was a passionate person who I will never forget. First, she encouraged me to participate in class. For instance, she praised me whenever I answered in class, regardless if it was good or not. She gave me a “grape” when I got the correct answer, cleaned the class room, or did a good job on my homework. The grapes were not real; they were drawn on a pretty piece of paper which encouraged me to participate in class because if I filled up the “basket” with grapes, I got a reward. Second, she made me have pride in myself. For example, she praised my drawing, and, as a result, my classmates followed my advice in team projects and extra class after school. Also, she gave me a chance to act for a school video which we filmed to use as teaching material in another city. The chance helped me to get more pride in myself because I was chosen out of many school mates. It made me think of myself as a special person. Now, when I am depressed, I remind myself of her lesson: keep pride in yourself and engage in life.

7 comments:

  1. Confidence makes one sparkling in the dark as a crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She made you have a self-esteem! I think that the early childhood like third grade is really important to be a good person. You are so lucky! Ji youn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jiyoun. After reading your writing, I completely understood where your confidence came from~! My third grade teacher who was an old bacheolor always thought about how to get married just as He was quite horrible to me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha do you think? do i have a confidence? i think i really need more self-esteem, thank you though. I think many percentages of confidence derive from just me, from what i pursue.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teacher very like you,it's unfair to to other students... ...kk kidding~I really like you last sentence"keep pride in yourself and engage in life"! When i saw you, you always confidence, keep pride as you say~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tink~!! she was fair according to my recollection haha.lol and i am one of them who affected by her hehehe. and the memory is one of reflection of childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good teacher will effect for your future. Jiyoun, you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete