Sunday, January 31, 2010

Leaving Home

When I was in university, I made the decision that I would leave home immediately after I graduated. I had sent my resumes and applications to many companies to find a job before I graduated. And I had been accepted by an accounting company already. But when I got my offer, I realized that it was not my dream work. Accounting work is as boring as a lifeless tree. I really hope to be a stockbroker who does different, active and fresh activities every day. I didn’t know what I needed at that time. I was very confused, I like a small boat floating on the sea, and didn’t know which direction was right. Seeing I was troubled, my friend told me, “How about joining us to go abroad to study more.” At that time, about five close friends of mine were preparing to study abroad. I thought about it and talked to my dad apologetically. “I have a little fear about study abroad and I feel ambivalent,” He replied kindly, “It is your future, no matter what you want to do I will support you. But you must be sure that it’s what you really want. If you don’t want to work now, you can study more and experience new things overseas. I think you will not regret it.” After I thought about it for a few times, I efficiently prepared my materials and luggage and stepped firmly on my new way. Before this thing happened to me, I never felt my father’s love for me so deeply. Although he didn’t want me to leave him, he supports me no matter what I decide to do. I really know if I go abroad my father will get some more pressure. On the other hand, I realized that my father is proud of me. Because I really love my father very much, I promise I will work hard studies in every thing I do.

10 comments:

  1. wow, you are so strong same as Yawai. Didn't you cry at the airport??? I am really stimulated to you, so I will study hard, and will not waste my precious time.
    Thank you~~Tink///

    ReplyDelete
  2. I touched my mind after read your paragraph.
    Besides, I felt the same mind twice last time
    Because of my sister's wedding. Good job Tink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tink this was really huge decision and you was so brave to change you faith in you own hand .
    it is a great reason to study in the U.S

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.. your father is so considerate.
    i like your expression, especially "I was very confused, I like a small boat floating on the sea, and didn’t know which direction was right."
    that sentence is so impressive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tink, I could know your mind that you felt from your first working and new challenge toward your dream. And also I think you are doing well here and let's hard study more together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tink, from the essay I can see your father loves you so much.Our parents have same feeling,so i understand you.Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so impressed essay! I can understand how difficult when you left you family and make this dicision!I hope you can succussful in the future in the america!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,Tink. I am pretty sure that your courage will be successful because i know you are such a diligent girl. cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Family, one of the biggest treasures in life" (ONE PIECE)

    ReplyDelete