Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An Awful Separation

The most significant event will influence you deeply and push you to make some changes. I have an ordinary family with only one child. Mother was strict to me but father doted on me. When I was a seventeen-year-old student, I never thought my parents would separate, and I could not believe my father would marry a younger lady. During the period in high school, I lived on campus and didn't have much time to go home. Therefore, I didn't notice the obvious disharmony between my parents. I heard this from my mother after the divorce had happened. Mother said," At the beginning your father just went home later than before. Then he left home for several weeks with a poor explanation." Swiftly, they became estranged from each other. When my mother cried in a lonely room, I could feel my heart being torn into many little pieces quietly. With the disappointed emotion, I angrily blamed my father for his irresponsible behavior. In my opinion, it's wrong for my father to make this choice and it was necessary for him to tell me the reason; However, he just said that I was too young to understand and went to doing what he wanted to do. In that moment, the world seemed to disappear and leave me all alone. I wondered why I would face this terrible thing. The color in my world turned into dark, and I was eager to have a happy family. After several depressed months, I did all that I could do to release my sad emotion. I complained to my friend whose name is Joe instead of just crying by myself. " Do you understand your parent's idea? What will I do after their separation." And he said" Right. But if you are a mature child, you should know your parents also need freedom. May be this is not a bad thing. Nothing changed and you are still their lovely child." After listening to these words, I understood and realized that nobody can always control life to run smoothly include your own life. Actually, my father had right to chase a new life just like me, and he can work enthusiastically with his new life. After this thing I learned more about life and be more optimistic to meet difficulties. Anyone can choose what he or she wants to be and wants to do. We must remember that we can't predict the future or control others' choice. But a new outlook on life and new opportunities are accessible whatever will happen.

8 comments:

  1. amy, although i don't know if it is ture, i am moved by your paragraph. you are a brave and nice girl, you accept it now. because if it happened to me,i can't accept this thing forever. i believe you have grew up and be a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tink! you are a nice girl, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry to heard that,,,, But i also very happy you can give an positive attitude to face that ! you can live better !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your the overwelming experience help you achieve your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Amy sun~! wonderful paragraph simple thinking and details I envy your courage, i think your experience is not easy resolution for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, you are a brave girl, you have enough brave to face all of these thing. I think in the future, you will slove problems easily. Your essay make me convulsion.

    ReplyDelete