Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Quartz Watch


There are many precious item in the world which are valuable; however, my priceless quartz watch is still one of my most cherished possessions. It's made of eight thick ovals which are hollow but not closely connected. The bigger one in the middle of the eight ovals can show the time exactly. When my father sent it to me, it lay like a noble princess quietly in a black sponge inside a sturdy metal box. What surprised me most is there are five distinctive silk ribbons which are all fifty centimeters in length and five centimeters in width.


So it is not only functional but also fashionable. The five distinctive silk ribbons can through the hollow oval. Then I can choose the suitable one for different clothes. I want to engrave my name on it, so it will be more unique. Even without my name, I am still proud of its special features. I value it also because I think of my best friend whose name is Zizi Yang when I see the watch. The occasion I will not forget when we found that we had the same kind watch. After it, we felt like comrades. Why do I say that? The reason is that there are many regulations in my high school. Most of them sound incredible like no long hair for all students. In my strict headmaster's opinion, nothing should engage our concentrations except textbooks. Therefore, it's a fate to have a friend who can share bad emotion or secret ideas. Since I came to America, every time I see the watch, I think of my high school life, and then have courage to overcome difficulties. I cherished it as a valuable souvenir of my youth. I put it in my drawer no matter where I stay. I believe it will bring me luck. I am looking forward to meeting my friend with the same watch, wearing it and laughing loudly about our secret.

8 comments:

  1. Hi amy, sorry i can't understand what happened to r friends and u. Just both of u have the same kind watch, so u become comrades.... I can't believe that. In my opinion it must be sth special, but u didi't tell us. Plz write it down, i want to know it.
    PS: have a nice night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you want to call the "silk ribbons" something else? I thought it was called a watch "band."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young, did you remember the easy time in high school in China? Just having the same hobbies, the same secrets, and studying and playing together can push us become friends.
    Jim, you are right, it's used as band but actually it is silk ribbon. So~~~~I don't know how to say it~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. with pretty pictures and descriptive wrting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amy,i have a little confuse about your watch. actually, i really want to see your watch someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow~ It's fabulous! U can use your watch strap according to your feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love my watch and one of my hobby is collecting watches. Your writing is very impression, it is esay to understand how much you like your possession, watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice essay ,, I tried to write about my watch.
    Someday, I want to see that for compare with my imagination. nice detail Amy

    ReplyDelete