Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Ring

I have one most cherished ring out of the several I possess which I got a ring on my 22nd birthday from my mom. She took me to department jewelry stores a few days before my birth day. The ring fascinated me at once among many kinds of various beautiful rings. The band consists of shiny 14-karat white gold, and there is an oblique shape of a capital D on the top of the ring; in addition, there are many zircons, which look like diamonds, on both sides and the middle of the D of facing up. Also, there is a link which is connected with small flower, star-shaped decorations. I usually put my beautiful ring on my right fourth finger since I have gotten it except some days when I left it at home. It makes me feel like my mom is guarding me, so I am safe and comfortable. One day, I went to the piano practice room of the music college. When I had a big gap between two classes, I played piano. As I did before, I put my ring with a little tinkle sound on the piano. Oh my god! How could it happen to me! I completely forgot my ring after practice. I thought I was really stupid. I was just embarrassed and worried because maybe someone had already taken it. I stopped a taxi and took it back to the school, and I called my friend maybe who would be at school, but he was not there. I ran toward the room as soon as I arrived at school, and I tried to look for it in the room, but I couldn’t find it. However, suddenly a girl asked my name, and she gave me the ring that made me almost cry. Finally, I was relieved, and I never want to lose my ring again.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jiyoun, good paragraph, but maybe r conclusion is not strong. it's just for your experience not for the article. I think u can write a really strong one.
    PS: have a good night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ji-youn, I got extremely interested from your paragraph about your ring. what you described was a little bit bored until the story was getting more interesting by the minute. Anyway, I'm really anxious to see your precious ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you are always wearing your ring.
    I can know now that how important it is to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The famous "D ring"! I wander is it the product by Dior? By the way, your name is interesting to pronounce, Jiyoun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have seen your ring before. i think it is very complicate, and it is very difficult to describe but you did very well.goog job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never seen your ring! i wanna see that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, you found your ring finally. This is a happy ending . Actually, this like a story and makes me want to know the end of your essay and keep reading it.

    ReplyDelete