Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Bicycle


When I was in junior high school, I got my most meaningful possession which gave me an incredible new freedom. At that time, I started to go out without my parents, but sometimes it took me a long time to walk. After my parents realized that I wasn’t the little girl who was always by their side, I received a brand new mountain bike as my birthday present. It was a fancy bike to teenagers at the time. The basic color of the bike was dark gray, and it was decorated with light gray and bright white; it looked awesome. All metal on the bike were painted black but not the gears which were made with bright silver metal. The bike body was made with thick carbon fiber tubes that decrease the weight of the bike. Therefore, I, a fourteen-year-old girl could take my bike up onto the sidewalk easily by myself. There was another feature that I was proud of: it had the newest silver gear-change. I could change gears simply by using thumb and forefinger. It sounded like someone clicking on a stapler, and it made the bike ride smoothly. I could adjust the pedaling difficulty for several degrees of steepness. The tires were for mountain climbing, so they were made wider than usual bikes’. That’s why every time I rode it, the sound was like a swarm of bees were flying. The size of a bicycle is very important to the rider; especially for short kids like me. To fit me perfectly, my parents found a special size which was a 14-inch-tall bike. To show my parents how useful it was and how much I appreciated it, I rode it every single day. In fact, it became my main transportation to school, markets, or meeting friends. Until now, it has been with me for almost ten years. Because I treasure and use it carefully, it is still in good condition. That makes me feel glad and realize the importance of cherishing my possessions.

10 comments:

  1. I can feel how important your bike to you.
    thank you for inviting your house. and I did enjoy noodle form Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see your bike. ^^ You can borrow your bike when the weather become sunny~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, you said before you have a bicycle. It is a story about the bicycle. I like your composition in your paragraph because your story is placed almost beginning, and it made me to interest your bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, you guys. Actually, the bike i described in the paragraph is in my country now. The bike that I ride which I borrowed from my cousin here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it help you a lot and very meaningful to you!all in all, i can't say any other word to describe that. i like your paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know your bicycle is very good! you know sometimes I ride your bicycle, but you passed
    driving test! please give me..lool

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your bicycle before i felt it was not quite lightweight,cute,and compact so i think it is completely fit you well~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool bike! and also ur writing!!
    i m enjoyed when u describe the bee-liked sound made by the rolling wheels.

    ReplyDelete