Thursday, January 28, 2010

Leaving my lovely parents

Coming to the United States is the biggest decision that I have ever made to change the direction of my life. My whole family wanted me study abroad because they wanted me to get the best education. But my mother always hesitated about that because I always a child in her eyes. When I graduated from High school I thought I was old enough to do something to prove I’m independence. So I told my parents I wanted to go to America to finish my undergraduate study. I clearly remember the day my mother didn’t say anything and discussed it overnight with my father. After the long discussion,finally they decided to send me to America to study.The last night before I went I lie down on my bed thinking--In the future, I will confront many difficulties and do everything for myself, so I should be brave and never give up because this is a good experience for me. That day,my father drove to the airport. On the way, my mother didn’t say anything to me. She just held my hand and her eyes were wet.When we arrived at the airport, my mother hugged me and suddenly cried, “Baby,take care yourself. If you feel sad , nevous or lonely, call us . Take care, please.I love you daughter.” I don’t know why but I cried at the same time with her. “I will, Mom, don’t worry about me, I can do it, trust me.” When I saw my father, his eyes were red ,too. “Little one, do your best, we trust you!” And he touched my hair slightly and kissed my forehead. After that, I waved my hand and said goodbye to my lovely parents. I am in america now and everything is going well. I call my parent everyday and tell them ereything that has happened to me. I enjoy the life in America. I’m very happy I made the decision that study abroad , and I’m sure I will do my best here!

4 comments:

  1. oh~good girl! your parents will proud of you.and "I always a child in her eyes" is this sentence right? and what is this mean," I went I lie down on my bed thinking". but i like you said,"little one"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ex-leader///You look like you have nerves of steel. However, you study not too hard~~right?? kkk. just kidding. I really miss my parents, sister, and brother. Anyway, have a nice America life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was deeply impressed and could understand your emotion~~~I believe that you can be a brave girl~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi~ our ex-leader~! I can understand your previous decision, cause I had had similar experience. Cheer up~ Have a good U.S. life with your new friends!

    ReplyDelete