Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Step

Making a decision that will determine whole life's direction is always difficult. I had never made a big decision before i decided to go to the USA to further my education; however, my parents and i took this step. First of all, because i didn't graduate in the university. I had already studied for four years. If i continued my education, i needed just one more year, so that i could get my bechelor degree, but i gave it up, for my parents and I found out that in china many graduates could not find a job in their major. Therefore, I selected America optimistically which is better than China in the education field. I also did't wish to leave my family. I love my parents and friends. When I was on the way to the airport, my mother kept holding my hands with her right hand and used the other hand to stroke my face gently. Her crying made her unable to say anything except, " Take care of yourself son, I love you." I didn't know what I should do to make mom a little bit more comfortable except just whispering "I promise I will." I could see my father's cigarettes swiftly filling the ashtray up like a hill. My father's eyes were red and he said, " Son, you should be a great man. Don't forget your job is that get the degree as soon as possible!" I said, "Yes dad, I will miss you." I tried my bes to use a strong voice to answer. In fact, I did that; however, I thought it was not enough.
Now i'm in America. I have already taken my new step to go to CPELI. If I had one more time to answer my father's question. I am sure, I could make a stronger voice.

4 comments:

  1. young,i like your first sentence, and i agree with you. i think you are good at describe details and hope you can make them well more and more in future.like"Her crying made her unable to say anything except" and" I could see my father's cigarettes swiftly filling the ashtray up like a hill".

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish you have make a good decision. i see how much you love your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever we decide to do something, it would be dangerous. but I thought that the danger make our life better after read your essay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parents always love us self-giving. We need do something to respond them.

    ReplyDelete