Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Piano

I cherish my piano because it is like my friend. I started to play piano when I was nine years old. Although I was young, I studied hard. At that time, I didn’t have my own piano, so I practiced in my teacher’s home. One year later, my parents thought I would really like to play piano, so they sent me a piano as a present. I still remember that day, came home from school. I was so surprised that there was a huge brown paper box standing in my room. Then I opened it, and a shiny black four-leg piano appeared front of me. It is a Yamaha piano made in Japan and it’s taller than me when I was ten years old. When you lightly slide your hand across its surface, you can feel how smooth it is. When I open the lid, it smells of wood. There are 88 claviers, and each clavier means a spirit: happy, exciting, upset, etc. My piano not only spends happy time with me, but also stays with me when I feel sad. The piano is in my room. After I go to bed, I turn off my light and the piano is shiny under the moon. When I have insomnia, I looked at it all the time. It seems that it can understand what I’m thinking. Moreover, when I stay at home alone, I can watch TV like other children, but I always can play piano. It’s like a friend who is always with me.

13 comments:

  1. Kelly~ I want to listen your playing, and I hope you play the piano for me some day lol I could feel your affection toward your piano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,i like your paragraph very much. I didn't know you can play piano and you really like piano. In your paragraph too much description let me know your emotion to your first Yamaha piano. it comes from inside, but i want to know more about the piano's detail! I mean the exterior is not enough.
    PS: You must let me hear the sounds which u play;
    otherwise i can't believe it!lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I cherish my piano because it likes my friend."
    Please edit: "...it is like my friend."

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah~~~I think the girl who can play the piano is thouftul~~~Ans the description of the feeling is excellent~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I was 4, I had learned piano for a year.
    at that time, I didn't realize how different it will be if I continued. It was too hard for a kid had small hands to press a key for making a sound; my parents even didn't consider to buy me a piano. I gave up. I wish I can play and own a piano like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly. you can play the Piano!!
    wow you are so special. I want to see your performance someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you were 9 yeas old you had learnt play piano?!Oh cool~So , you can play very well now...I hope someday you can play in our class!!!!I'm very looking forward to it~

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh~i am so admire you can play piano, and i really hope i can hear your episodes someday. i can't feel how your piano can understand you. what kind of affects it have?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh~~~ yamaha~~~~~ I'd like to hear your piano's sounds,,,, mine is too old to have good sounds..... keep manage that preciously~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, I had played piano for seven years when I was very young, so I forgot how to play
    but I really wanna learn again because your paragraph give me a strong motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi kelly, wow I really wish to listen to your performance, and I hope you teach me how to give a performance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remebered when I read your first draft in our class room. Now I read it again, I think 10 weeks passed really fast! we also can write more long essay than at that time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also have a nice piano in my house. My sister used to play it. But A bunch of books and many stuffs are placed it. I really regret to ditch piano class when I was nine.

    ReplyDelete