Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tears Will Not Solve Any Problems

I have been strong enough to face difficulties since I paid twice for a computer on Thanksgiving Day. I decided to buy a really cost-effective computer on sale at Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving night. Then grandma and I went to the Wal-Mart in the afternoon and waited there for a whole cold night till 5 am on the next morning. Fortunately, I got it easily. When I paid at the checkout counter, I swiped the credit card and signed for it. But the cashier didn't allow me to use the credit card without ID or driver's license. I was grateful to my grandma who took cash. When I arrived home, I called my mother I already bought the computer. “Yeah! I received the message from the bank! It is 4** dollars! Right?” my mother said. “Message from the bank?” I had signed! I realized that I had paid it for twice. Oh my god! How stupid I am! I explained the whole event to my mother and started to cry. “Listen! Don't cry! Tears will not solve any problems! You’re not a child any more. Now what you need to do is go back to the Wal-Mart and tell them the problem. Come on girl!” I tried to stop crying and went back to the store. I knew that no one would help me because my grandma couldn't speak English at all. I talked to an employee with spasmodic sobs. After I explained to him that the cashier asked for my ID after I signed up and showed him the receipt for the computer. I was afraid that he couldn't understand. But he smiled to me and comforted me that it’s nothing serious. After half an hour, the problem was solved perfectly. I called my mother and told her that I solved the problem. “I knew you could do it! Don't dwell on it! Remember the first thing you ought to do is not crying. I believe in you!” my mother said as if she already knew that I had learned my lesson. I know that tears will not solve any problem. I must be stronger and stronger to face life’s difficult challenges.

8 comments:

  1. oh~that's a big experience for you! be careful in the future. i like your paragraph, especially, some words which you used in it. for example,dwell on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella~~that was a close call. You were fortunate that money was given it back to you. Anyway, your paragraph was fun for me. Always be careful in the future// pang zi~~~ kkkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your have a good dialog~~~So we can know better about your feeling~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remembered that you bought that laptop last guarter. But I didn't know that your tears. What a nice experience and it will be good for your buying any purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard that before, Bella. it's true? The experience make u be stronger right? Don't cyr and face it. everything can be solved. I like r last sentence. And plz give me more details about the cold night to describe how difficult for u. If u do that I think it can touch me more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan!!! go away!! dont call me pangpang! dong dong hey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bella~ oh.. your paragraph is so oustanding~!
    i adore your mention, specially "Listen! Don't cry! Tears will not solve any problems! You’re not a child any more. Now what you need to do is go back to the Wal-Mart and tell them the problem. Come on girl!”
    this assertion is quite inspring to me~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a great lesson will be saved in mind forever. the dialogues are put just perfectly in your paragragh. i m pretty like them:)

    ReplyDelete